It’s been a busy morning here at Clareville HQ! We have our Christmas party this evening alongside an afternoon of joy and merriment.
We all started the day with a Bucks Fizz birthday breakfast for our consumer PR director. Alongside all the general hullabaloo that happens on the day of the office party we have carried on speaking to clients, dealing with journalists, responding to emails and also have held a planning meeting for 2016.
After much thought, care and consideration, we have put together our top five predictions for next year. In 2015 it was all about ‘content is king’ but things have always been fast moving in the world of PR and while content continues to be crucial there are a few others that will have starring roles over the next 12 months.
– Jargon is dead! Yes you heard it here first …snappy phrases are out. Does anyone actually even know what ‘let’s not boil the ocean’ means? That one made us cringe as well.
– Personalisation will go to a whole new level. Whether it’s product, events or correspondence things will be a lot more personal from now on. Our fondest memory was the Nutella jar from Selfridges, which proved particularly popular. Any others that stand out in your mind?
– Social media is now being viewed as a media outlet. Once upon a time it was all about engagement but this is no longer the case and now social media has become a media platform in its own right.
– The rise of Generation Y who are definitely going places. Whilst some of us can still remember the 80s and linking it to bad hair and neon clothing, this generation (birth ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s) has made its strong mark on society.
– PR continues to rule the roost! The importance of an integrated PR campaign has never been greater – incorporating everything from traditional and social media through to digital, TV and broadcast, bloggers, events and celebrity engagement.
So that’s it …what makes your top five list? Do you agree with us…..let us know your thoughts!
Hope you all have an amazing Christmas and Happy New Year. Enjoy, be happy and here’s to a prosperous 2016……